PDA

View Full Version : I killed someone in my dream last night

beryl
21st February 2010, 03:42 AM
This one was really weird - even for me. I went into my favorite craft store to look at beads and was told that the place was closing down and everything would be 60% off - I was really happy. All of a sudden, a man with a gun came into the store to stick the place up. I quickly slid under a display rack to hide from the gunman. A stuggle took place between him and the clerk. The clerk managed to knock the gun out of his hand and the gun slide across the floor to where I was. I picked up the gun, came out of hiding and pointed it at the crook. Time slowed, I thought to myself "now I can tell him to stay right where he is while I call the cops" - but I did not do that. In a split second I realized that I would be justified in removing this scumbag from the earth, I shot him several times. I dropped the gun and ran into an alley. When I woke up I was very disturbed by my almost delight in killing this man. I didn't have to kill him - I was safe with the gun in my hand and the cops could have been summoned.

Has anyone else out there ever had a dream like this? :twisted:

Fogged
22nd February 2010, 05:09 PM
Yes, but only after reading one of those suspense thrillers. In my dreams, I was either the criminal or the good guy who does the investigation. The dream was great fun really, but rather disappointing because of its similarity to the novel.

ButterflyWoman
22nd February 2010, 11:51 PM
Here's my impression.

You went to a favourite place to engage in a hobby/interest that you love, found out that you would be able to do even more of this pleasure-giving activity (due to the big discount), and then, before you could do that, some random event happened that interfered in a big way. You responded by keeping a cool head and eliminating that which stood in your way. Instead of waiting for someone else to come and take care of it for you, you did it yourself, and enjoyed doing it.

I don't think this is a dream about wanting to kill people. It seems to me to be about "killing" that which stands in the way of you fulfilling some pleasurable desire (and a perfectly innocent one, at that).