PDA

View Full Version : Heavy sensation

darron
25th October 2009, 04:35 AM
When I meditate and start to do energy work I get a heavy pressure in my jaw. And I'm not quite sure what's wrong any explanation

JoSac
25th October 2009, 05:00 AM
This has been happening to me and i get it in my nose. It just started happening but CFTraveler said its most likely muscle twitching.

JS

darron
26th October 2009, 04:16 PM
alright thinks although it doesnt feel like twitching itt feels like a really heavy pressure. like someone pressing down on it

CFTraveler
26th October 2009, 04:42 PM
Muscle spasms come in many flavors- rapid twitch, or slow contraction, which feels like pressure, and it can be painful, as anyone who's had a back spasm (or menstrual cramps) will attest.

darron
26th October 2009, 04:50 PM
any way to fix this problem and thanks for both of youre insight into this problem

CFTraveler
26th October 2009, 04:59 PM
No clue. I believe Tom has mentioned magnesium as a supplement but I can't remember. Maybe run a search and find his posts.

JoSac
26th October 2009, 11:54 PM
Ya it dosent feel like muscle twitching. Although I kinda like the sensation aside from the fact it causes me to fail at projection. The same circumstances happened to me today and I didn't feel the pressure. Maybe I'm getting used to it, I don't know.

JS

Beekeeper
27th October 2009, 09:27 AM
Is it just that you're becoming more bodily aware and it's just a place where you habitually hold tension? If your jaw ever locks there's a good chance that it is just muscle tightness in your neck, face and jaw. A deep tissue massage will give relief.

darron
28th October 2009, 03:08 PM
thanks everyone for the help cause this is extremely distracting, i did a deep muscle tissue massage and it seemed to help alot, i appreciate all the help

darron
9th November 2009, 05:18 PM
this problem came back. and it feels like it spreads through my mouth. um are you sure that this is tension.

LoneCrow
4th December 2009, 11:14 PM
When I meditate and start to do energy work I get a heavy pressure in my jaw. And I'm not quite sure what's wrong any explanation

I've had this happen before. But very rarely. Like your mouth is opening wide but it isn't opening at all like your head is opening to a vast amount of space...

darron
6th December 2009, 10:41 AM
i found out what is causing this, my wisdom teeth have started pushing out, and for some reason all at once, so now on december the 9th i am getting them removed,

LoneCrow
6th December 2009, 02:11 PM
Interesting. Sometimes meditation allows you to feel parts of your body you normally don't because you are relaxing everything. Normally you just fall asleep.