PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation experience

Young Brother
4th February 2009, 12:05 AM
Hi all,

While practicing relaxation I had an experience that I don't understand. I was sitting in a reclining chair with my arms resting on the arms of the chair. My palms were facing downwards. I got to the stage where I start clicking in and out. suddenly one of my fingers moved on its own (this happens every time and sometimes its my thumb that moves). This brought me back a little.

At this point I noticed my right hand felt as if my palm was facing upward. I resisted the desire to move my hand and explored the feeling for several seconds. Most positively, my palm felt as if it were facing upwards.

I thought perhaps I had turned my palm while I was clicked out. Finaly, I opened my eyes to check my posistion. Can you imagine my suprise when I saw my palm facing downwards!

The feeling of my palm facing upwards went away just before I opened my eyes, but before I opened my eyes I was convinced my palm was facing upwards - I spent several seconds confirming it.

How is this possible?

Many thanks YB

ButterflyWoman
4th February 2009, 03:33 AM
First, the twitching is normal. It happens as your body goes to sleep. There is also often a very big one, called a "hypnic jerk" that happens just as you fall asleep, and you jump as if you've been startled. They don't know what causes it (sometimes it will wake you up).

As for the feeling that your body was in a different position, I get this regularly, mostly with my legs/feet. I believe it's caused by awareness of the energy body, which doesn't necessarily move the same way that the physical body does. Sometimes I'm aware of my energy body arms doing other stuff, and I feel a bit like a Hindu goddess with my "four arms". :)

Basically, you just became more aware of your energy body than your physical one. Next time this happens, try to turn your energy body hand, rather than your physical one, and see what happens. I can actually now scratch itches and rub sore places and so forth, without ever moving my physical arms, or while my physical arms are engaged in something else. I think it's worth developing.

Beekeeper
4th February 2009, 08:52 AM
Apparently the twitching is a good sign that the body is going to sleep and some people even claim to simulate it to hurry things along in order to consciously project.

Be ready to start feeling etheric limbs fluttering and floating.

Young Brother
8th February 2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks to you both for the advice,

I don't know what else to say apart from this phenomena realy is real, i am beginning to understand that now.

YB