PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Memory??

XxrickyxX
1st March 2008, 01:48 AM
last night i had a short dream that i was receiving maths lessons from someone and i was learning how to solve equations. i woke up and felt projecting related symptoms and i was thinking about the dream i just had, then out of no where i get a memory of learning about reincarnation and how the first levels of reincarnation are the cat and dog, i have never studied reincarnation before or learnt anything about it. do u think that i could of been learning this in the astral and my mind was interpreting it as a maths lesson, or do u think that some dreams are just covering up the things we do in the astral so we don't know about the things we do there?

CFTraveler
1st March 2008, 03:21 AM
You recovered a shadow memory of dreamstate lessons. There are a few threads here dedicated to those topics. If I find one I'll link it here.

XxrickyxX
2nd March 2008, 06:37 AM
k thanks
i was just wonderin why you would dream of something similar to the lesson but not dream of the actual lesson??

CFTraveler
2nd March 2008, 09:34 PM
k thanks
i was just wonderin why you would dream of something similar to the lesson but not dream of the actual lesson?? You did, you just don't have the memory of the lesson itself. When we get a dreamstate lesson, the vehicle we use is very different from our waking perceptual apparatus (5-sensory body perception). So we integrate this lesson in a way that may be so far removed from our physical life that it is simply incomprehensible to us in the conscious mind. But that part of us that got the lesson stored it in a manner appropriate for it to understand. When you go to sleep and 'go to the same place' (described in our terms) you'll go *oh yeah, I've been here and done this* and do/learn the next thing. Then you wake up and go- What was it that I learned? And scratch your head. And tell yourself it never really happened.
Our minds are way more complicated and interesting that we even realize.
But when we become aware of all this 'behind the scenes' stuff and try to make sense of it, that's when the fun stuff happens, and your experiences can become more lucid and memorable. And remembered.

XxrickyxX
3rd March 2008, 10:08 AM
oh ok...so why do we go to these lessons if we dont remember them anyway...will we remember them when we die or something?
what r the main things that we learn there?

CFTraveler
3rd March 2008, 02:26 PM
oh ok...so why do we go to these lessons if we dont remember them anyway...will we remember them when we die or something?
what r the main things that we learn there? We do remember them, as I said in my previous statement. The part of us that needs it.

CFTraveler
3rd March 2008, 02:51 PM
Here is a list of links that either describe or talk about Dreamstate Lessons.
Monroe described them in his first book and described how he 'graduated' from dreamstate (unconscious) to projection (conscious) lessons. If you take a look at different links, it becomes apparent that dreamstate lessons are 'tuneups' or, as Aunt Clair would say, "attunements" of our energy body (or bodies, or consciousness vehicles, depending on your worldview) and the reason for our general 'not knowing about them' is that they are used for reasons other than 'awake in body' learning. However, if you have taken a look at really basic metaphysics (or even very basic psychology), you would realize that most of what we think or believe or why we act how we do is pretty much controlled by our subconscious mind.
That is why we strive to make conscious our unconsciousness- so that we become more aware of 'what is going on in there', so to speak.
Here are links related to "Dreamstate Lessons", the varieties there are and what they seem to be for.
Please realize that the memories we have of them have already been filtered and 'approved' by that part of our minds that allows us to understand things a 'certain way'.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2959 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2959)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1878 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1878)
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3822 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3822)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6803 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6803)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1717 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1717)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8521 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8521)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4475 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4475)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9964 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9964)

XxrickyxX
11th March 2008, 07:15 AM
i had another dream last night but this time i was talking to some girl about something and she was telling me that i didnt know anything about her but i was trying to convince her that i did and she asked me a question about herself which i couldnt answer...this dream has happend before but along time ago....after i woke up i realised that i must have actually been talking to someone in the astral so i asked them if i could meet them again and talk to them....i then started getting cold shivers then i got projection symptoms....i then felt myself floating upwards then it started to get strange....i felt a hand holding onto my head and it was yanking me out of my body...when i got out enough so i could see the hand it didnt look human it and was red in colour...i then got scared and went bak in my body....who or wat do u think this was and could it have been the person i was talking to in my dream? should i try and make contact with them again?

CFTraveler
11th March 2008, 02:38 PM
i had another dream last night but this time i was talking to some girl about something and she was telling me that i didnt know anything about her but i was trying to convince her that i did and she asked me a question about herself which i couldnt answer...this dream has happend before but along time ago....after i woke up i realised that i must have actually been talking to someone in the astral so i asked them if i could meet them again and talk to them....i then started getting cold shivers then i got projection symptoms....i then felt myself floating upwards then it started to get strange....i felt a hand holding onto my head and it was yanking me out of my body...when i got out enough so i could see the hand it didnt look human it and was red in colour...i then got scared and went bak in my body....who or wat do u think this was and could it have been the person i was talking to in my dream? should i try and make contact with them again? I think it is what you think it was. A dream in which you met an astral being, interacted with it, made a date for the future and got freaked wnen it came back to get you as per instructions. Only this time you didn't give it shape with your subconscious, and got spooked by it. I don't think this is something to be scared about, unless you feel drained and sick today. Most encounters with other-beings ae safe, and the reason this one looked different is that your fear prob. gave it shape. I say this because I have the notion that some astral beings have no shape in and of themselves (pure energy) and our perceptions are what give them form. But of course there are exceptions, there seem to be consensus shapes for some.
But the long and the short of it, is that if you feel ok energy-wise, you're prob. ok. But if the prospect of meeting this being in the astral is scary (and I can understand if it is) you can tell it (in meditation) that you're not ready for this, or that you'd rather meet them in dreams where their appearance can be suited to your comfort.
Good luck, I'm pretty sure you're ok.

XxrickyxX
12th March 2008, 01:46 PM
thanks heaps for that man....i will ask it again if it wants to meet with me and this time ill come out of my body :]
hopefully it still wants to meet.

XxrickyxX
13th March 2008, 03:54 AM
i had another dream about a girl last night....i think it was the same one as the night before however this time when i woke up i didnt astral project even when i tried.
in the dream from what i can remember the girl had been kidnapped by some woman and was being tortured by her. in the end the girl managed to escape and alert the police about it.
i up the meanings in dream moods and this is what it said...

kidnap - To dream that someone has been kidnapped, indicates that you are not letting aspects and characteristics of that person be expressed within you. You are trying to contain and/or suppress those qualities of the kidnapped person.

torture - To dream that you are torturing others or see others being tortured, suggests that you are punishing yourself for your own negative or bad habits. You are projecting yourself onto the person or animal being tortured. Consider the symbolism of who is being tortured. Alternatively, the dream may indicate repressed feelings of revenge which you are not able to act on in your waking life.

what do u think this all means?

XxrickyxX
13th March 2008, 04:14 AM
btw this dream also feels like iv had it before

CFTraveler
13th March 2008, 03:05 PM
I guess you have to ask yourself what aspect of yourself she symbolizes, and what aspect of yourself the jailer symbolizes. Female aspects, both intuitive, but one more forceful and/or powerful than the other. Do you remember what they were wearing, and what the surroundings looked like? Elements in the dream? All that can give you clues.

XxrickyxX
14th March 2008, 01:36 AM
all i remember was that she was being tortured in this room and the person that was torturing her was behind a glass window and she was using these torture devices that she controlled from behind the glass window electronically.
the astral being tried to take pull me out of my body again last night but this time my head got stuck, then i felt it push me downwards and the next thing i know we'r both flying through the earth all the way to the other side of the world, i think i then go bak into my dreaming body and start dreaming that watever was pushing me through the earth turned into some kind of ball and i have to figure it out wat it is. im so confused lol