PDA

View Full Version : Mind asleep Body awake

JoSac
27th December 2007, 06:11 AM
Im only 17 so i go to school, in which i have to wake up at 7 every day. So on weekends or like this morning i automatically wake up at 7 a.m. But if im still tired ill go back to sleep. But from here its like im dreaming but i can fully feel my body and sometimes even have separate thoughts from my dream. This is when i try to project form my dream (which i have came close to but always failed). So its like y mids asleep but my bodys awake. Anyone else have this?

Thanks JS.

Korpo
27th December 2007, 09:38 AM
During the night you awaken a lots of times but don't remember. Also REM sleep is closer to waking, being called paradoxical sleep sometimes, IIRC. It can happen you remember this episodes, as weak memories, or notice them. The body/mind split is also reported by Robert - dreaming seems also to be a sort of projection so it may happen there, too.

Oliver

JoSac
27th December 2007, 04:12 PM
I dont really understand what your saying.

Tom
27th December 2007, 04:21 PM
When you have slept several hours, you are more relaxed than usual, and the chemicals your body uses to maintain sleep are still in your blood. It is easier for the body to fall asleep than usual, and if you can keep your mind focussed on something you can stay alert as your body goes back to sleep. Normally the effort to keep your mind awake can interfere with your body's ability to go to sleep. Going back to sleep is much easier.

CFTraveler
27th December 2007, 07:08 PM
Im only 17 so i go to school, in which i have to wake up at 7 every day. So on weekends or like this morning i automatically wake up at 7 a.m. But if im still tired ill go back to sleep. But from here its like im dreaming but i can fully feel my body and sometimes even have separate thoughts from my dream. This is when i try to project form my dream (which i have came close to but always failed). So its like y mids asleep but my bodys awake. Anyone else have this?

Thanks JS. What they're all saying is yes, that's normal and it happens to everyone. :D

Psychotronic
30th December 2007, 09:06 PM
Sometimes I am doing something boring or something, what I have to do. When I am doing it, my subconsciousness take full control of my body and I haven´t to do that, my subconsciousness finish work instead me and wake up my concsiousness at the end. Three hours of work I noticed like only five minutes with a few thoughts.

JoSac
31st December 2007, 01:07 AM
I wish i could do that for school work.

JS

CFTraveler
31st December 2007, 01:52 AM
I wish i could do that for school work.

JS You can. If you're having trouble with something specific, ask your subconscious to help you with the specific task, (in other words, ask a specific question) and in the morning (or when you sit down to handle the question) you'll have figured out how to do it.
The important thing is to ask deliberately before going to sleep.

However, the homework elves won't come in at night and do your homework. :wink:

Psychotronic
31st December 2007, 02:07 AM
Yes, subconsciousness can help with almost everything. If I can´t apprehend to something, I can ask my subconsciousness in a dream and it gives me a total overview for my problem. It can explain me everything, because communication with subconsciousness is like communication with somebody, who know everything, want to help me and is able to do telepathy without mistakes. :D