PDA

View Full Version : LD's and Specific Mind Functions...

Jake
15th November 2007, 05:33 PM
Last nights Lucid dream was typical... flying/motion control, supercharging energy centers (in hands and feet) in an instant, using the energy in my hand to 'move' objects, shooting out energy from my hands and wrists...
Each of these activities are Specific Mind Functions... i seem to be 'practicing' SMF's while lucid dreaming... Its like, maybe i am having troubles with Specific Functions, so I , kinda, kick myself to the Lucid Dream level to practice these things before I continue on (to deeper states of Mind/OBE) All my Lucid/Flying dreams seem to be practice/training for specific mind functions... anyone else have the same impressions of lucid dreaming???

Mishell
15th November 2007, 05:53 PM
What do you mean by "Specific Mind Functions"?

Jake
16th November 2007, 05:38 AM
Specific Mind Functions (SMF to me) is a recurring phrase in my OBE journal related mostly to Lucid Dreamin... Meaning: any act of mind/will, related to a specific function, achieving a specific result... I mean, of course, in the Astral...

an ex: Moving/flying- it is easy and natural for some, others have to 'learn', It is a Specific Mind Function, once learned, is the same over and over, achieving the same result.

another ex: Adjustin your sight/vision... again, once you learn, it is the same over and over... like flexing a 'mental muscle'... the pattern is always the same...

Even doing preliminary energy work (NEW)... there is no physical movement involved... the spounging/brushing/swirling sensations you create are of mind/will speicifically related to energy body sensations... and once learned are the same over and again...

Usually when i dream lucid/semi lucid, i am always 'practicing' one thing or the other... Thats what i mean by Specific Mind functions...

Beekeeper
16th November 2007, 07:26 AM
Earthborn, my lucid dreams tend to be quite different to one another though I do levitate and fly quite a bit. I have friends who seem to practise the same things over - mostly related to flying too, I guess. It may be a stage for some people. Possibly I haven't hit that stage yet.

CFTraveler
16th November 2007, 03:27 PM
When I was a child I practiced flying quite a bit- then at around 10 I was teaching my siblings (and others) the how-tos. When I learned to OBE on purpose I was doing telekinesis using astral sight, (which has continued on and off for a few years with a few variations), then went to creating scenarios (which only lasted for about 6 months and was very depressing, frankly), then I went through a period of interrogating dream characters and exploring alternate lifetimes (more interesting and insightful) and last night I received instructions on hermetics/alchemy. Actually I was told I have to study it. So now I have to find my 'Intro to Hermetics' by Franz Bardon, which has been lost somewhere in my house for about a year. :roll:

Jake
16th November 2007, 04:43 PM
Astral School??? :shock:

CFTraveler
16th November 2007, 04:45 PM
I think we're all enrolled- some of us begin to realize this when we go to places like these and find out it happens to others.

Here's some links- there's some more, but all I could find on short notice.
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=9846
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2959
http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... sc&start=0 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=1717&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Neil Templar
20th November 2007, 07:07 PM
We are definitely enrolled!!
a few nights ago i was learning from some chinese masters,they taught me about posture,then about loyalty to friends.
a few nights before that i was taught how to focus energy in my third eye-i ended up in some sort of game/sport,where we were all running around knocking each other over by blasting each other with beams of energy-focusing it with differing finger postures... maybe the most fun i've had in a dream in ages!!
at the moment it feels like i'm learning almost every night-last week i had zero dream recollection one night-but woke with the undeniable feeling that i had learned more than usual that night.