PDA

View Full Version : Lucid Dream - Paralysis

crawfd
11th November 2007, 01:38 PM
I felt like I had control over the torso section of my body but not my legs or feet while I was seemingly climbing over a cloud. I'm not sure if the effects of my feet under my covers conveyed the conception in my dream and thus gave me a sense of numbness.

I checked out luciddreaming.com and it gave some insight in terms of dream analysis but I'm curious what position would be best to sleep in to get the full effect of a 'lucid dream'.

CFTraveler
11th November 2007, 07:52 PM
Dear crawfd:

There is no set position to achieve lucid dreaming- the mechanisms that are most exploited are increasing recall and reality checks to get into the habit. Some people tend to get paralyzed when they sleep in some positions more than others, but this is not universal.

I'd say whichever position where you're the most comfortable, but with the slightest level of discomfort, so you can facilitate lucidity, or 'wake up a little' to help become lucid.

ps. Please read the rules of the forum in 'Forum Announcements'; links are not allowed until you have 20 posts to avoid spamming.

Thanks, CF.