PDA

View Full Version : the sky is falling

Alaskans
9th August 2007, 01:38 AM
Its really rare for me to have reaccuring themes but I keep dreaming about the end of the world. Really high-quality dreams too.
This last one... I was living in a city (ah yuck cities... wait, what is a city..). I think it was after rapture or something. Demon possessed people were even more rampant, and lots more twitchy. They just kinda roamed the streets, people just ignored them, unless they tried to eat them or something. There was cool new building constructed, it was focused on metaphysics and such.. its too hard to say it doesnt exist when spinning heads loose thier novelty in every day life :) . Ah anyways, the new building was a big hit, was really crowded. I poked around then went home, it was beginning to get dark. My place sucked, as places in the city often do. I had a daughter, who I was concerned about, being that the world became so dangerous. Actually, I think she was playing with a ghost when i got home. Sun went down.. night was something to really fear, because thats when all the evil ones came out and became material. Everyone barracaded themselves in thier house at night and casted protective 'spells', everyone was sleep deprived from keeping watch, far better than the alternative. But yea, you get the idea. Wasnt really scary for me, but then I dont get scared.. easy. Not since I had the most rediculously scary dream possible. So bad your brain couldnt handle it. Complete with classical music that had to have been meticulously crafted in hell. So bad I perposely forgot it. (I guess that was kinda wimpy of me, prob something important in that mess...) Gah... just the one little peice I let myself remember gives me chills... uhem.. but anyways, I guess I do think about the end of an age but its kinda hard not to when it's in your face.

CFTraveler
9th August 2007, 02:21 AM
For whatever it's worth, I've been dreaming about the end of the world since I was 12, and just turned 50. So you're in good company...
Anyway, this is the part of the dream that caught my eye:
I had a daughter, who I was concerned about, being that the world became so dangerous. Actually, I think she was playing with a ghost when i got home. It just occured to me that your 'daughter' symbolized a new way of looking at things- from your account it seems to me that she wasn't scared, while others were. Is this so?

Alaskans
9th August 2007, 10:32 PM
Wow, very good, your absolutely right. On that thought, I wonder if the whole city was my physical mind, thoughts, ideas etc, the 'me' in the dream was me, my state, which became one of indifference to the thoughts in my head that should have been disturbing. The building for metaphysics/paranormal etc, was a major attraction to the people in the city, and thats the kind of stuff that usually occupies my mind, therefore it attracted many people. Thanks :) I'm glad it is all symbolic, I was a little concerned that my 'new way of looking at things' would land me in a fate like in the dream.