PDA

View Full Version : things

Rain, iF
27th July 2007, 05:45 PM
I think you guys should un-stickify the LD tutorial for now. In all honesty, I don't think anyone reads them. At least I never did :lol:

CFTraveler
27th July 2007, 09:25 PM
It's only been a few days, give it some time!

Rain, iF
29th July 2007, 04:39 AM
ah what can i say...im entirely too impatient! :D

Mishell
30th July 2007, 03:52 AM
Hey, Jared. I read your tutorial. You did a really good job with it. :D

What ends up happening to me most of the time is I am trying to analyze and interpret my dream at the same time I am having it. Then sometimes I realize I am dreaming, but it does not occur to me to change the dream or create something. Are they still lucid dreams? 1/2 lucid? I don't know, what do you think?

Rain, iF
30th July 2007, 04:31 AM
Well, technically a dream in which you are aware to the fact that you're indeed dreaming, is a lucid dream. In my opinion, there are degrees of lucidity, or how aware you are. I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. Perhaps you'll go through a dream, and you'll even consciously say "oh well that hardly matters, it's only a dream anyway". But at the same time, it doesn't really click with you that you're dreaming!

Then when you wake up you go "doh!" I do it all the time. But to answer simply, yes it's a lucid dream! How often do you practice reality checks throughout the day? The more the better, I say. ;)

Mishell
30th July 2007, 04:36 AM
I don't do reality checks during the day. But I am almost always aware that I am dreaming when I am. I have many vivid dreams every night. It's like going to the movies. :lol:

CFTraveler
30th July 2007, 04:34 PM
I do 'mental' reality checks all the time, although not the physical ones (looking at my hands, jumping to see if I take off). I think it's enough for me, because it helps maintain the 'observer' role in life besides helping dream lucidity. Also, at some point, I 'decided' to shift my focus from trying to influence/change the dream scenario (I used to when younger a lot) to trying to find out the motivation behind my dream characters. It makes for a strangely lucid dream. Hard to put into words, you have to do it to get what I mean.

Rain, iF
30th July 2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah I do mental reality checks as well. I feel that if you are aware, it isn't necessary to physically check your surroundings, ie reading clocks etc. My dreams are spontaneous, so my reality check is simply that if I know how I got where I am, then I cannot be dreaming. If I were dreaming I would appear some random location in some random time and find that totally normal without my mental checks ;)

budhabee
30th July 2007, 11:54 PM
Shoot, I try and try and try. But it seems as though I almost get to a reality check because the possibilities are right in front of me but I do not connect them. Doggone it. Once I was chasing after my mother through a mall and we stopped in a small shop. I wanted to get something for one of my nieces. My mother said "Come on...she doesn't need anything. (which of course wasn't the point at all). My mom took off but I lingered. When finally I decided to go and try to catch up to her she was too far away. I heard a loud clanging sound and whipped around to see a metal gate come down in that part of the mall so I couldn't go back the same way I came in. It was then I noticed my hands. I was wearing soft pink fuzzy gloves. I didn't recall having put them on. Then I thought. OH MY GOD I STOLE THEM FROM THAT LITTLE STORE!! Since I couldn't get out I way panicked. I feel that the gloves were a definate sign to me to look around because I was dreaming. DUH! It was the perfect sign. But No. That is what happens. Can you believe this. It makes me so mad.
Oh HI.....I'm new.