PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling of tension when inducing trance

Adept
27th April 2022, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I practice the Smoke Ringe Technique (Falling Scenario) in order to induce a trance, and often I start to feel a kind of tension in my body after 20-30 seconds.
I do not cramp, but try to be as relaxed as possible (furthermore I strictly follow the guideline and start with deep physical relaxation etc.).

That feeling of tension is not really enjoyable - its simply a weird tension, a little bit distracting, and always appearing in my upper body (especially neck & shoulders), and also slightly present in the rest of my body.
I have tried various things from there on: I just ignored it and continued with the falling scenario, I tried to pull it into my third eye, I tried to increase the tension / let it expand, I immediately started with exit techniques.
Nothing changed, though, the tension always is, and it doesnt get stronger or weaker.

I try to understand what this tension is and thus how to proceed - do you have any insights or suggestions for me?

CFTraveler
27th April 2022, 04:10 PM
My insight would be that the ring exercise evokes a visual scenario that is going on around you, thus putting you in the middle of a scene, and this position (even if imaginary) might cause the type of tension you would feel if you were sitting in the middle of a room. Perhaps you can change your visualization, somehow include some sort of means of support around you to see if you relax mentally into it.

Adept
27th April 2022, 04:23 PM
Alright, so I will focus on getting more into the scenario - not just using it as one technical step out of many, until I hopefully get into that famous vibrational state, but instead focusing for 100% on that approach and just experiment with it, stay with it and fill it with more life.

Alright, that helps me, thank you very much!