PDA

View Full Version : Question about Foot Energy Work

greatman07
1st June 2007, 09:35 PM
I have a few questions that I have been pondering for a while:

1.) After doing energy work on the soles of my feet for a while, every so often, the sole of my foot gets very "tight", and sometimes it's a little painful. What does this indicate?

2.) I have trouble using awareness targeting. For some reason, I can't locate the proper joints to work on. Do you suggest that I download a chart with all of the joints of the human body to make it easier for me to do energy work?

3.) My mind has always been very active, and sometimes it interferes with important activities. What techniques do you suggest I use to help quiet it down?

CFTraveler
1st June 2007, 09:58 PM
I have a few questions that I have been pondering for a while:

1.) After doing energy work on the soles of my feet for a while, every so often, the sole of my foot gets very "tight", and sometimes it's a little painful. What does this indicate? It could indicate you're removing blockages, but it could also indicate you're tensing up as you apply your awareness to the area. Another thought is that you have some sort of preexisting condition (like plantar fascitis, for example) that your awareness is pointing out to you. If it hurts, stop the work. If it's just uncomfortable, then continue to see some resolution.

2.) I have trouble using awareness targeting. For some reason, I can't locate the proper joints to work on. Do you suggest that I download a chart with all of the joints of the human body to make it easier for me to do energy work? Robert recommends to wiggle your toes or fingers or whatever before you start. You're not supposed to 'visualize' where it is, you're supposed to feel it. It's ok to wiggle or bend a joint. The idea is to get your tactile awareness for the area, not know where it's 'supposed' to be.

3.) My mind has always been very active, and sometimes it interferes with important activities. What techniques do you suggest I use to help quiet it down? Energy work itself helps me, but if it doesn't for you, then look for something to occupy your mind that isn't verbal thinking. Pay attention to your breathing belly (doing belly breathing is great- push out your belly on the inhale and suck it in on the exhale.) This takes some attention as it is the opposite of what we do when we breathe naturally- also listening to the earhiss (my favorite) or staring intently on one spot of your wall if your eyes are open. Those are a few.

greatman07
1st June 2007, 10:03 PM
Hmmmm :idea: .....any other suggestions? BTW, I meant to say for Question #1 that every once in a while, WITHOUT energy work, my foot gets "tight" sometimes with a sensation of mild pain.

CFTraveler
1st June 2007, 10:14 PM
Hmmmm :idea: .....any other suggestions? BTW, I meant to say for Question #1 that every once in a while, WITHOUT energy work, my foot gets "tight" sometimes with a sensation of mild pain. Sounds physical- see a foot doctor.