PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Spirits

whitby_jet
15th May 2007, 05:00 PM
I had a strange dream last night that I'd like to share. Perhaps someone can help me, because I'm not sure what to think about it? I've had a few other dreams like this, but this one was particularly memorable.

In my dream (which btw was a deep, deep dream that I dragged from memory in the middle of the night, but once remembered became very vivid) I was near my parents house. I had several perspectives - that is, from ground level, then higher up (roof level), then from a neighbours house etc. It was daylight, there was a lot of blossom, and a pale pink rose on a bright green bush in one of the gardens.

I was talking to my dad outside the house, and there was a man (a shadow) hovering some distance from us. He came closer. I told my dad that he was the spirit of his father. Then another man (spirit) walked towards us from the garage - he just walked through the doors of it. I looked up and saw a woman, another spirit, looking down at us from an upstairs window. I wasn't frightened, just curious, and knew these people were in spirit.

Do you think this would be totally from imagination or is it possible there's some deeper meaning?

CFTraveler
15th May 2007, 08:34 PM
I believe it has a deeper meaning. I see different levels of perception (your different points of view) different generations represented in your family, and a woman (female ancestor, your mother, a sibling, yourself ) You're looking back at this (at yourself, at your place in the family) another way to look at this is if your house represents your psyche- you are then looking at your thoughts, beliefs and where they came from.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

whitby_jet
17th May 2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks CFTraveler, that helps a lot :). I dream a lot about houses of different kinds, and had heard that these might represent the psyche. But I hadn't actually thought of this dream in that way until you mentioned it....it makes sense though!

I've been through a period of dreaming about spirits a lot, some who are known to me and many who aren't. It's the main reason I'm trying to improve my dream recall and possibly lucid dream etc I'm intrigued!

Thanks again.