PDA

View Full Version : Classical physics and modern or quantum physics

Antares
11th January 2020, 09:59 AM
If science was compared to a mathematical functions, many assume that classical physics is a one function and quantum physics - "more complete" as scientists say - is another function.
But my understanding is that if using this comparison where quantum physics is a function, then the classical physics would be just a number or an object - simply the result of a process of applying the general concept (which function is). There are potentially infinite number of "results" from a single function, while the blueprint (the function) remains the same.

This is the explanation of how magic or manifestation from the esoteric teachings work, e.g. by Aleister Crowley. You either focus on an object (which classical physics is all about) or the blueprint (which esoteric teachings were all about, and the current state of quantum physics has not reach that point yet). I think this is what Plato meant when talking about forms.

Material and astral world compared to spirit is like comparing a number / object to a function. :)

But maybe there should be one ceveat pointed out: if spirit is compared to functions, then what is the generator of functions (out of the blueprints)?

CFTraveler
11th January 2020, 11:51 PM
I like that. Except I haven't met any physicists that consider quantum physics to be 'more complete'. More like a function, yes (because its ontology is slippery) but certainly less complete. Indeterminate, at best. (hint hint).

Antares
12th January 2020, 10:02 AM
Maybe I should have used "modern physics" term instead :)

CFTraveler
12th January 2020, 07:31 PM
Maybe I should have used "modern physics" term instead :) :thumbsup: