PDA

View Full Version : 2 birds with 1 stone - energy raising as meditation

scienceofempty
12th March 2015, 01:44 PM
Is energy work a valid form of meditation? Can our daily energy raising practice be considered our daily meditation as well? Or, are we missing out by only doing energy work and no other specific meditations like breathing awareness for example?

CFTraveler
12th March 2015, 04:03 PM
I think it qualifies. In certain kinds of meditation (for some reason the name escapes me now) you're supposed to keep your mind in a survey of your body. In this case the idea is to realize that all reality is only sensation. I think energy work can be approached this way, since part of the purpose is to gain energy body awareness.
So yes, I think so.

scienceofempty
12th March 2015, 04:40 PM
I think it qualifies. In certain kinds of meditation (for some reason the name escapes me now) you're supposed to keep your mind in a survey of your body. In this case the idea is to realize that all reality is only sensation. I think energy work can be approached this way, since part of the purpose is to gain energy body awareness.
So yes, I think so.

Would this also eventually lead to a mind free of chatter, since we are focusing on the energy work?