PDA

View Full Version : How much energy work is enough?

Genesis
15th February 2014, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone. I'd like to start doing NEW seriously but I have one interrogation. How much daily energy work is enough? I see some people here doing almost two hours daily, and frankly I don't think I have that much time to put into this.

Currently most of my days consist of work, school, gym, studying and a short meditation session before bed or in the morning. I'd like to add energy work to that, but do you think 20 or 30 minutes daily is enough for a beginner?

Let me know!

ButterflyWoman
15th February 2014, 05:12 PM
This is like asking "how much exercise is enough"? Ideally, as much as you can do. In practical terms, most people can't devote hours a day to exercise, whether physical or otherwise. Energy work is no different.

Yes, 20-30 minutes is fine for a beginner. When you add in your meditation, it's a perfectly sensible approach, and you shouldn't have too much trouble with finding the time for it.

I often meditate in bed as I fall asleep. It's usually a short session, but it can be highly productive and lead to vivid and expressive dreams. I also often do energy work as I lie in bed, or as I sit working at my computer. Once you've practiced it a while, you can do it anywhere, because it doesn't require your full concentration any more.

DarkChylde
15th February 2014, 06:16 PM
there's also a thread called meditation "doing it right from the start" , not sure who wrote it though?

Bf ~ would you happen to know of it off handedly?

DarkChylde
15th February 2014, 06:34 PM
no, sorry that was an entry in your blog.

Genesis
15th February 2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks. I've been meditating daily for almost a year now, but I do short 15 mins sessions. I'll add a daily session of about 20mins of energy work to that. Thanks again