PDA

View Full Version : spontaneous noise

Dreamweaver
21st January 2014, 05:08 AM
Hello - this is something that's happened to me before - and its started happening again... in hypnogogia - in meditation or slipping into sleep I will suddenly make short forceful noises - like "hmm!" Or "uh!" But I am not trying to speak. It's something that happens without conscious volition and there's an energy surge that goes with it right starting at the base if my neck under my collar bone. Robert has said its likely something trying to use my vocal cords to come through - as in channeling - but I wonder if the vocalizations are resulting from something else.... like a throat chakra surge. If its an entity its got a very limited vocabulary... and I'm not picking up anything on any other channels so to speak... anyone experience anything like this?"

CFTraveler
21st January 2014, 01:12 PM
Yes, but truthfully, it sounds like snoring to me. You can snore while awake, and I do it all the time.

Beekeeper
21st January 2014, 09:21 PM
If it's not snoring, I tend to agree that it's energy related, akin to the strange automatic body movements (kriyas) that happen during meditation. Along Sushumna, the channel that connects the chakras, there are three psychic knots (granthis) that can inhibit the flow of the kundalini energy. It sounds to me like Vishnu or Rudra granthi.

I had some experience with this knot some years ago, feeling a lot of buzzing or fluttering energy and the physical sensations I'd associate with grief or fear but disconnected from any current physical world stimulus. Generally incidental vocalisation during pranayama (breathing practices) is considered normal and I suspect, along similar lines, it helps release blockages.

http://yogaoftrading.wordpress.com/ayurveda/chakras/the-granthis/

CFTraveler
21st January 2014, 10:14 PM
Wow what an awesome link!

IA56
22nd January 2014, 06:01 AM
Yes, Thank you Beekeeper for the awesome link :-)

Love
ia

Dreamweaver
22nd January 2014, 06:30 AM
Lol CFT : ) I never snore. Nope. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dreamweaver
22nd January 2014, 06:40 AM
Beekeeper that is truly interesting. Things I strive for daily in my work is using my words carefully to illicit truth, realization, meaning, healing... and I really struggle with the energy boundaries between myself and others.

Hmmm :-)

P.S. beekeeper would you mind expanding on your experience with fear? Floating fear/sadness/constriction - is something that had been experiencing a lot - in my solar plexus. I attributed it to a warning system, msybe some of it to receiving other's emotions - but some of it was/is out of time and circumstance. No concrete reference. Its confusing - uncomfortable, and too broad to be useful diagnostically.