PDA

View Full Version : My young child's reoccurring nightmare...

Dreamweaver
9th October 2013, 05:40 AM
...has me stumped.

I have a 6 year old boy, and twice in the last five days he's dreamt of a giant dismembered foot. In the first dream he said the foot is kicking some dream characters in the rear end. In last nights' dream this dismembered foot steps on his face. Now - he says this foot is gross and bloody like a zombie foot and he specifically mentioned it smelled and was covered by gnats.

This is not a standard variety nightmare in my estimation. Any insights would be appreciated.

ButterflyWoman
9th October 2013, 06:19 AM
Has he seen something like it in a cartoon or other such thing? I used to have nightmares about the Michelin Man (he's freaky, admit it!) and about the SAC emblem (I'm a U.S. Air Force brat). See image to understand why I found it disturbing as a child. Once I had a nightmare about the Michelin Tire Man having that gauntleted fist full of lighting, even.

And by the way, people always laugh when I tell them how freaky I found the Michelin Man, like, oh, ha ha, how could that scare you? But it did. I was a little kid. A mummy-like pile of tires walking around and talking was (and is) freaky. :)

This is from 1898, but still:

My point here is that all KINDS of stuff gets into kids' heads. When I heard of a giant foot stomping on things, I actually thought of the opening credits of Monty Python's Flying Circus. It's a pretty funny animation, that, but to a little kid.... Not that I'm saying your child has been watching MPFC, but there are all kinds of ways to get weird images into your head.

CFTraveler
9th October 2013, 01:57 PM
That's funny, that's what I thought too (the Monty Python's foot) when I read this. Is he in first grade? I wonder what images he's seen that would associate that way- or what words he's heard- kids make interesting associations, I used to dream of flying fish all the time, for example.

Dreamweaver
10th October 2013, 03:43 AM
Hard to say - 1st grade yes. Its Halloween soon and its also the time of year where we get gnat swarms... no flying circus that I know of lol :-)

SoulSail
10th October 2013, 01:32 PM
Hi Dreamweaver,

If the dreams persist, there are a couple surprisingly helpful practices you can experiment with. First, put a glass of cold water below the bed at night and empty in the morning. Rinse cup well. Admittedly, this sounds like a bit of hoodoo, and it is, but it's hoodoo that's worked well for me so I'm passing along. The second is placing an egg somewhere by the bedside with your child's name written on it. The egg can be left a few days unless it cracks open. Both eggs and water collect energy that may disturb sleep. If you'd like to read more, I recommend this great little work:

http://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Cleansing-Handbook-Psychic-Protection/dp/1578635209/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381411742&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=clearing+draja

Soul...

CFTraveler
10th October 2013, 01:35 PM
I've done the water thing before (my mom used to do it) and still will do things like that if I feel the need.
FWIW.

SoulSail
10th October 2013, 01:50 PM
I was surprised at how effective the water trick worked first time I tried it. My dreams seemed to take on a smooth, almost pleasant feel to them and so I still put the glass out every now and then.

The eggs are even more interesting, IMHO. I've developed some arthritis in my left wrist from computer work. So I'll roll an egg over the wrist for about fifteen minutes while imagining the egg absorbing the pain. That buys me at least three to four hours of complete relief every time. Placebo? Perhaps.

Handy little things, eggs, and taste good with tons of cheese and Tabasco!

Soul

ButterflyWoman
10th October 2013, 02:33 PM
The egg thing is ancient. Egyptians had that particular magick. You magickally transfer the pain, illness, bad luck, whatever to the egg. I can't remember the rest of the ritual, but if memory serves me, you then buried the egg. It's perfect sympathetic magick.

And what's wrong with placebo, anyway? Placebo means you achieve healing (or some other positive change) because you believe you will. I can't see any problem with that.

Dreamweaver
11th October 2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks everyone for the input - I may seal his room if it continues and try your suggestions. BW, I am also an Air Force brat - my dad was stationed at a SAC base in the 70's... Hickam HI.

Dreamweaver
11th October 2013, 07:30 AM
Well. Re my son's dream, today I've been researching a horrific and emergent addictive substance, as it came up in group discussion today, and found myself looking at pictures of rotting gangrenous feet - one of which was being surgically dismembered.

Horrible, hellish, and I'm thinking my little boy is picking up on my mental content. I am astonished.

LPCF
11th October 2013, 07:55 AM
Have you tried the water yet, as suggested by SS and then CF? I recommend trying that, too. If you have any doubts about its effectiveness, then here is a more objective account on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33IiYb8htHk

This is just a short introductory video, which should give you the gist. It shows how water is easily influenced by our emotions and intentions. Hope it helps. In the case of dreams, it works by absorbing the unpleasant emotions in the dream; that's why Soul Sail said to throw it away the next day. Or, if you fancy a challenge, just take the water and repurify it with your own kind, loving thoughts!

I don't quite understand why you should want to seal his room - with your son in it, or to keep him out? I urge you to try the water first.

Warmest best wishes to you!

ButterflyWoman
11th October 2013, 08:25 AM
BW, I am also an Air Force brat
Wow, small world. :)

ButterflyWoman
11th October 2013, 08:27 AM
I've been researching a horrific and emergent addictive substance, as it came up in group discussion today, and found myself looking at pictures of rotting gangrenous feet - one of which was being surgically dismembered.

Horrible, hellish, and I'm thinking my little boy is picking up on my mental content. I am astonished.
It is horrible, but not that astonishing. Like I said, kids pick up stuff from all kinds of sources, even when you think they're not paying attention.

The good news is that now that you have some idea of what might be going on, you can discuss it with him, and help him sort through it.

CFTraveler
11th October 2013, 12:17 PM
When my son was very young he would often verbalize what I was thinking (you know, at the age where they blurt out random words). Sometimes we would be in church and he would blurt out a word seconds before the minister said that. He did that (know what I was thinking even away from me physically) until about 8, when he started developing his own fears and preoccupations.
If I told him about this now he probably wouldn't believe me.

ButterflyWoman
11th October 2013, 12:48 PM
If I told him about this now he probably wouldn't believe me.
Crazy old mom and her weird New Age ideas.... ;)

SoulSail
11th October 2013, 03:11 PM
Very observant on the thought sharing bit, and I'd put my money there as well.

My son is highly intuitive and I've had to learn how to stem thoughts in his presence, especially when they deal with adult topics, stresses, or whatnot. We often play psychic number games where I'll guess a number between one and fifteen and he'll either guess my number or guess a variant (14 instead of 4) with close to a 90% hit range. I believe all parents share these connections and often dismiss them, or don't understand them and so, don't develop that link.

I also remember times when I would stress about a job or living situation and my son would then start sleeping with his toy Samurai sword below his bed. Took me forever to make the connection. He didn't have the mental concept or vocabulary regarding adult worries, but he picked up the vibe and reacted in the only way he knew how in order to protect himself for some unnamed, external fear.

Soul

CFTraveler
11th October 2013, 04:18 PM
My son is highly intuitive and I've had to learn how to stem thoughts in his presence, especially when they deal with adult topics, I remember that too.

SoulSail
11th October 2013, 11:29 PM
ButterflyWoman,

As always, you're on point. "Placebo" may have been the best or worst choice of words given that placebo is just another term for creating an outcome from pure belief...

And that's how the whole game is played, or close to it.

Soul

Dreamweaver
13th October 2013, 03:58 AM
There have been instances of what CFT and SoulSail are talking about with my boy before - his uttering what I or his dad were thinking... precognitive dreams about something someone else experienced tho are new for him as far as I can tell at this point. Its disconcerting, as the things I deal with are especially not appropriate for a young innocent consciousness.

However, I will figure it out. This is not my first rodeo. Thanks all...

Dreamweaver
13th October 2013, 04:01 AM
LPCF - I mean sealed against disruptive and harmful influences and energy.