PDA

View Full Version : I dreamed I was in a lucid dream, but I wasn't actually lucid

ButterflyWoman
24th April 2013, 02:53 PM
Pretty much what the title of the thread says. In the dream, I realised that I was dreaming, that I was lucid with a dream, except... I wasn't actually lucid. I was dreaming that I was having a lucid dream. Weird, huh?

I know exactly what it means (for me, "lucid in a dream" is symbolic of awareness, of awakening, of realisation of the Self, enlightenment, whatever you want to call it, though I distinctly dislike the word "enlightenment" for a zillion reasons), and I know what the message was, and it was definitely a message (it had the "weight" of what I call a "significant dream"). So I don't really need any insights on that one. I don't even remember the actual content of the dream, other than something about being at the counter at an airport or other travel location (again, symbolic; travel is a pretty obvious metaphor for "going somewhere else").

I just wanted to share because it was weird and fun in that way that my life and experiences tend to be, and I was also curious if anyone else had ever had a similar dream experience. :)

Tutor
24th April 2013, 08:12 PM
Awesome!

Beekeeper
24th April 2013, 09:59 PM
I did this fairly often when I was first interested in lucid dreaming. It is an odd experience.

BDeye
25th April 2013, 06:36 AM
Only a handful of lucid dreams, but to be honest the lines can sometime blur. Very cool though.

ButterflyWoman
25th April 2013, 07:18 AM
I don't have a lot of lucid dreams, either, but I do regularly get significant dreams, message dreams. This was one of those. It was just such an odd thing, to dream I was having a lucid dream, but to not actually be lucid. Weird. And fun. :)

You know, a while back (more than a year, maybe two years) I set an intention for things to manifest in fun ways, and that's pretty much been happening more and more. I really dig it. :)

roman67
25th April 2013, 07:40 AM
I have had many lucid dreams but never experienced that type of dream. Your dream was actually amazing ButterflyWoman.

crystalscholar
1st July 2013, 07:04 AM
me too, I often had lucid dream but been called up in the dream again and forget I was in the dream.