PDA

View Full Version : Recall forgotten dreams?

embrace
29th July 2012, 07:33 PM
Hello!

Last night I woke up and I remember thinking that I just had a very important dream. I thought to myself that it was very important to remember it, but I totally forgot the most of it. I only remember the location of a dream. I wonder if there is any way to recall more details?

I'd be grateful for some hints.

Thanks!

SoulSail
30th July 2012, 02:37 AM
Meditate.

Meditation has a way of dislodging forgotten dreams for me. Also, ask you higher-self to repeat the dream, or theme, or help you understand the message. And don't just put it out there casually, let your higher know how important the dream is. Believe it'll come to you, and in time, it will. Or, it will surface in another dream narrative.

Also, to keep dreams "locked" in memory, try to not move your body when you first wake. This takes some training to remember, but studies show that we actually lose dream recall by too much motion when we wake.

Soul

LPCF
1st August 2012, 05:16 PM
I read somewhere that some people keep a mini voice recorder by their bed for that very reason; some others keep a notebook. If they wake up during the night, they write down the dream immediately, in order not to forget it.

Regarding your forgotten dream, I agree with Soul; best to ask your HS for help in remembering it, if you think it was very important.

CFTraveler
1st August 2012, 05:36 PM
One more thing to add, is, go back to bed, get your face on the pillow (it's what works for me, I sleep sideways) and usually the contact with the pillow brings back the memory- maybe the tactile association does it.

dreaming90
2nd August 2012, 12:02 AM
I spontaneously remember forgotten dreams in two different ways: either the memories flood back in deep meditation or trancework, or the memories flood back as I lay down to sleep for the night. It can be pretty jarring.

embrace
7th August 2012, 07:44 PM
I read somewhere that some people keep a mini voice recorder by their bed for that very reason; some others keep a notebook. If they wake up during the night, they write down the dream immediately, in order not to forget it.

Regarding your forgotten dream, I agree with Soul; best to ask your HS for help in remembering it, if you think it was very important.

This is a great piece of advice, thank you!!!