PDA

View Full Version : lying down

soulreaper
29th July 2011, 04:22 AM
is there anybody who practices all the exercises lying down.....?
i mean relaxation,energy work breath awareness and all.......i mean following the book but doing practices lying down instead of sitting on a chair
and how successful you are in projecting or the exercises
actually i wanna practice while lying down but Mr. bruce suggests in his book sitting position.....so i am searching for someone like me:angelic:

Beekeeper
29th July 2011, 10:41 AM
Go ahead and practice that way. You don't need any body else's support or approval to do what feels comfortable for you. If you fall asleep then you can modify your practice.

CFTraveler
29th July 2011, 03:55 PM
Hi soulreaper.
Even though he recommends a chair he does so because the object is to be comfortable, but not too comfortable. This doesn't mean the chair is compulsory, it just means it's the perfect combination for him.
I personally practice in a recliner (in full recline position) in my bedroom so I can close the door and have no interruptions. The bed puts me to sleep-I do that, because that's what works for me.
Do what works for you, it's still within the parameters of the program.

psionickx
29th July 2011, 04:10 PM
depends on what your agenda @ the time is - if for arguments sake i'm trying to connect with the AR i would probably sit in the full lotus to ensure maximum undiverted concentration ..on the other hand i'm doing energywork i'll probably take it to bed , take a break and dawdle even.

soulreaper
29th July 2011, 04:43 PM
thanks guys......actually i dont have a good chair.....i mean the chair i have is short(or probably i am tall lol)....my chair's top only reaches my back lol....and its back is not straight too
and i am not thinking to buy new one

CFTraveler
29th July 2011, 05:36 PM
One thing that may be good is to heap up a bunch of pillows in your bed and 'recline' on your bed- you may try it, or just lie down.

GRANT
31st July 2011, 07:42 PM
Hi,
My experience has shown me that any position and anytime works. However, if you're laying down to practice at bed time, I think you're training yourself to go to sleep. Lie down during the day if you want to practice that way, it'll probably help. Also, a heavy meal, alcohol, some other things, going to bed late, will most likely prevent a projection; because I believe it lowers your frequency. If you're already tired before you start, maybe some energy bouncing or chakra work would be more beneficial than trying to project; since you'll probably fall asleep because of the relaxation. A projection is still possible, but you may not remember it.
Grant