PDA

View Full Version : binaural beats recommended?

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 05:22 PM
:| I know RB doesn't recommend binaural beats because you should practice being able to project even with distractions, but for someone like me that really has to work at it, could using them be helpful? They are definitely soothing, but I wondered if hearing them while thing to project would hinder me from making an exit or staying out do to the awareness of the beats?

By the way, I'm really not this bad of a speller. I do most of my posting on my Droid phone and its always changing my words. I have trouble going back to edit.

CFTraveler
21st March 2011, 05:25 PM
I didn't know Robert didn't recommend them, since he has a 6CD set (MAP) (http://www.glidewing.com/astraldynamics/map_home.html). First I heard about that.

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 05:26 PM
I thought I read that in his book. Will go back later to check...

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 05:51 PM
Astral dynamics, ch.16, p.209: "while music can help silence internal dialogue, with regard to mental training it is best considered an artificial prop. I do not advise it be used unless absolutely necessary"

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 06:24 PM
Maybe he meant regular music, not binaural beats? But isn't that a crutch, too? I guess I will just experiment with it and see how it goes. Would it help with energy work? I usually can't get far with raising energy so I get bored and stop.

CFTraveler
21st March 2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe he meant regular music, not binaural beats? But isn't that a crutch, too? I guess I will just experiment with it and see how it goes. Would it help with energy work? I usually can't get far with raising energy so I get bored and stop. He meant music, but binaurals, although sound, work differently than music in that they induce a specific brainwave. I don't think you can get dependent on binaurals, because they just aren't that comfortable to listen to. At least I don't know anyone who can only project with them.
Here is what I think about binaurals- they can be great to bring you to an ideal state of trance. So if you've never experienced conscious deep trance, they can show you how it feels. They can also help bring you to a more relaxed state if you are having trouble 'getting there' or if you've been having a 'dry spell'- they can help break it up.
I personally have never had a significant conscious projection with binaurals- I have had flashes of 'mini OBEs' and very pleasant sensations with them, but I project without them.
So, I say use them if you want to, unless you have an epileptic condition, if you have them- but it's not necessary to cause OBE.

And ps, I don't think they will make you enjoy energy work more- if you do the energy work while in trance the sensations will be more noticeable, but other than that, I don't see how they would help.

lamommy78
21st March 2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks!

ButterflyWoman
22nd March 2011, 05:46 AM
Just as a reminder to anyone who might wander into this thread, we do have a forum section dedicated to binaural and other brainwave technologies: viewforum.php?f=51 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewforum.php?f=51)

:)