PDA

View Full Version : Open-eyed OBE

lightgal
24th February 2011, 10:18 PM
As I was working on my obe excercises this afternoon, I was wondering if anyone has ever had an exit while their eyes were open. Is this possible?

CFTraveler
24th February 2011, 10:31 PM
I've never had it happen, but there is something called the Ganzfeld effect, which provides sensory deprivation with your eyes open. I don't think it produces OBE, but it does produce clairvoyance or remote viewing. Or hypnagogia.

lightgal
24th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Is that like a sensory deverivation tank?

I was wondering because usually when I do energy work I wear blinders on my eyes. This time I decided not to and when I was doing my excercises my eyes squinted open a little and some light filtered in. I did not get much further than vibrations and paralysis today. I do not blame it on the light. I did not apply myself long enough.

Thanks CFTraveller

CFTraveler
24th February 2011, 10:42 PM
Yep.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_experiment

You're welcome.
When I started doing energy work I was having trouble keeping my eyes from moving, so Brian suggested I do it with eyes open. It 'trained' my eyes to keep them from moving, but you close them anyway after a while, and of course during trance practice. It didn't affect my projecting abilities.

wstein
25th February 2011, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure with classic astral travel.

With phasing (Robert Monroe), it very possible (harder than with eyes closed).

summersolstice
25th February 2011, 03:47 PM
I don't remember exactly but doesn't Bruce Moen speak of this in one of his books? It seems like he recounted this happening a couple of times while he's driving.

CFTraveler
25th February 2011, 03:53 PM
I think I read that too, but not sure.

greytraveller
26th February 2011, 05:45 PM
Greetings all
I have never had an OBE with eyes open, and have never had an OBE in an awake (non meditative or trance) state of mind. I have, however, read several OBE accounts of people who did have an OBE while being wide awake. Some of these OBE accounts can be found at the nderf.org websites (sorry can't remember which ones). The admins at that site labelled those OBEs Fear Death Experiences (FDE). A FDE is a situation where a person is in immediate peril of serious physical injury or even death. Apparently the severe emotional crises forces an OBE to happen. One example is a person who was nearly in a terrible auto accident. Seconds away from a possibly fatal impact the person had an OBE. The OBE was very short and the accident did not happen (and the person was Wide Awake) with the OBE ending 5 to 10 seconds after it began. Such experiences are rare yet they Do seem to occur from time to time.

Regards 8)
Grey