PDA

View Full Version : new things i've experienced

Guitarmaster72
26th December 2010, 03:15 AM
just recently i had an odd dream... i dreamt i went to the beach with one of my friends, and we swam to a raft that had a diving board. i don't know why, but i decided to do like... a sideways dive while holding my ear as if i were on the phone... while i was underwater, it seemed as though i just wouldn't stop sinking and sinking, so i dicided to start swimming up, but i noticed that my hand was like, stuck to my ear. i thought this was pretty interesting cuz i knew what was happening; it was the effect of sleep paralysis happening in my dream, although i was able to move everything else. i then became lucid after this, but i awoke shortly after.

another thing that happened recently, is that i had a false awakening. i've never had a false awakening before, but now that i have, it's a freaky weird thing (but in a good way). i woke up to my sister calling my name saying "DUDE turn off your alarm! it's been ringing all this time and there's not even school today" so i woke up, turned it off, and stood up, and walked to my computer. surprisingly it was still on, when i remember turning it off. after i hit the button, i then woke up for real, to find out it was only 7 am. i actually woke up thinking i was still dreaming cuz it seemed just as real as it just was a few seconds ago... but then, i didnt worry about it, and went back to sleep lol. just thought that would be something interesting to share.

heliac
26th December 2010, 02:06 PM
That's a pretty neat false awakening. Can't say i've had one of those in a looong time.
It's kinda funny how things that are happening to your physical in real time carry over into dreams.
I once fell asleep with my headphones on and dreamed that i had cotton in my ears. I kept trying
to pull the cotton out but there was always more until i realized it was really my headphones.

russmi3
7th January 2011, 07:48 PM
Cool! I have had several types of false awakenings and they always are freaky!! One I have had more than once stems from the fact that I usually have an eye sleep mask on while sleeping. I will "Wake up" and take of a sleep mask, only to find another, and another, etc,etc. (There is a commercial now for a sleep aid I believe with a woman doing this LOL) Eventually I will truly awaken and take off the real sleep mask once and there is only one...... :D