PDA

View Full Version : dream sequels & LD question...

natalie-1984
24th November 2010, 07:53 PM
Sometimes I will have a dream that is actually a sequel or a continuation of a previous dream. The previous dream could be from over a year ago! Or sometimes I will even have dreams where I remember having the exact dream before and I remember how it plays out, so I will change the way the dream plays out so that I will have a better outcome. Sometimes i will tell my dream characters that I have had this dream before and I am going to switch it up a bit and I hope they don't mind! Aren't I so considerate? :D

What are so special about lucid dreams anyways? I have had them all my life almost every night and never thought anything of it. I never knew they were special in any way until recently when someone expressed awe at my "ability". Nowadays when I lucid dream sometimes I will just sit and look at this creation of my imagination and appreciate the detail. Or sometimes I will meditate in the middle of my lucid dream. The other night I had a lucid dream that I was in a haunted house. It was dark so I turned on the lights (ususaly I wont be able to) and turned on the radio and practiced jumping really high. I set up a video camera so I could record this for future dreams, lol! I was in this house that I have been continuousely dreaming about for a few years.

Sorry this was more like a blog, but I will restate my question again...why are lucid dreams so special or different than normal dreams?

-natalie

CFTraveler
24th November 2010, 10:07 PM
Brain frequency for starters- when you have a 'regular' dream you are in a specific state (is it Delta? I forgot) but when you start to realize you're dreaming, alpha waves start to appear in the waveform.
In terms of psychological growth, if you go by the school of thought (mainly Jungian) that dreams are the subconscious' way of talking to your conscious mind through symbology, having a lucid dream is a different way of that communication to happen- you can make those judgements and decisions based on the content of the dream while in the dream, instead of passively accepting them and then remembering them sketchily, if at all. They are easier to remember when you're lucid.
The part of Lucid Dreaming that we like the most in these types of communities, is that lucid dreaming is a way to enable you to have conscious OBEs and other nonphysical adventures, and remember them.

natalie-1984
25th November 2010, 05:24 AM
I always thought that dreaming always took place inside your brain. It wasn't until I came across this website that I even thought about dreams taking place outside the body. The whole thing still kind of confuses me, but I'm openminded. When people dream do they always leave their bodies? Or is it just when we are lucid or AP. From what I read in Robert Bruce's book he said our spirit always leaves our bodies when we sleep.

So when I lucid dream my brain is in a different frequency than a normal dream? That's interesting. I have also noticed that I sleep better now that I am on my own, I don't have someone next to me tossing and turning waking me up. So I am able to go into a deeper sleep. Thanks for the reply!

-natalie