PDA

View Full Version : Carrots for Drumsticks

Beekeeper
19th September 2010, 02:35 AM

At some time during the night I become lucid but I don't really recall what I do because, immediately afterwards, I sleep very heavily. I do feel there was possibly a lengthy conversation with a wise energy I perceived as male. I suspect there was a lesson in self-healing because I was on the brink of a migraine and I had set an intention to use the lucid- dreaming state to investigate the possibility of bringing about wellness. Last week our Year 11 students had their exams and I'd done (and am still to do) a large pile of marking which had wreaked havoc with my neck and eyes. Anyway, I did wake without a headache and sick stomach this morning. This may have been due to the extra rest I took yesterday, of course.

My second bout of lucidity came when I found myself in an unfamiliar suburb. I could hear a band and I followed the music. It had been my intention to go along with whatever the dream presented rather than to attempt control of the environment. I found a scruffy old guy playing drums with carrots for drumsticks. He left it to me, so I picked up the carrots. They were limp and when I began to drum with them they were too quiet. There was another pair of carrots there too but I soon found myself in the blackness behind my eyes contemplating the dream and trying to recall what I had done during the earlier phase of lucidity.

While I'm lying in bed I realise that I'm in the passenger seat of a car, moving forward through the same suburban streets of the earlier dream. I guess this is my first experience of phasing.

Eventually my dream awareness deteriorates and I'm surrounded by a small group of people whom I am telling about my previous experiences of lucidity during the night, especially the forgotten episode, which is clearly playing on my mind.

Korpo
19th September 2010, 06:44 AM
Hello, Beek.

the drum Austral informal the necessary information (esp in the phrase give (someone) the drum (from: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drum)

So, what could that essential information have been? Eat the freshest (not limp) of carrots, maybe?

Cheers,
Oliver

Beekeeper
19th September 2010, 08:08 AM
I didn't think to analyse it, really. I had an intention to make carrot cake in the morning because our friend was coming to help us move some heavy furniture. (The carrots were fresh). I figured it was just what was there in my subconscious.

I did find myself reading about shamanic drumming today but since my eldest was drumming yesterday, I doubt there was any synchronicity involved.

Last year I meditated on foods that I should eat more and carrot popped up. As it happens, I have some in the oven right now with chicken and potatoes. :wink:

CFTraveler
19th September 2010, 03:00 PM
As it happens, I have some (carrots) in the oven right now with chicken and potatoes.
That's what we had for dinner yesterday.
:)