PDA

View Full Version : Spice store,pomegranates and tomatoes!

niki123
4th August 2010, 04:56 PM
I had a kind of a nice dream this morning !I was browsing through a spice and fruit/veggie store.I was looking around and saw some very ripe tomatoes,dried tomatoes,pomegranates,grapefruits and spices in little bags hanging all over the walls.I picked up a pomegranate and was admiring it when someone told me to put it down unless I was going to buy it,lol.Yum,those tomatoes looked so yummy!I kept looking around but I didn't look at anything else and then as I reached the back I woke up.The smell in the store was very spicy but very nice. :D

CFTraveler
4th August 2010, 05:13 PM
Sounds delicious. And 'earthy'.

Beekeeper
5th August 2010, 09:25 AM

And a bit sexy too! :wink:

ButterflyWoman
5th August 2010, 02:08 PM
tomatoes,dried tomatoes,pomegranates,grapefruits
Tomatoes are associated with eroticism (they used to be called "love apples", at least, after people figured out they weren't poisonous, as they first thought!). Pomegranates are associated with feminine fertility. Grapefruits don't have any association that I'm currently aware of, but they might easily be associated with breasts (and if they're pink inside, well, I can think of other associations).

spices in little bags hanging all over the walls
Spice historically is associated with wealth, and there are some erotic associations with some spices, as well. I'm not going to comment on "little bags". *ahem*

I picked up a pomegranate and was admiring it when someone told me to put it down unless I was going to buy it
Good advice! (Similar to "be careful with that thing, it's loaded" ;))

All of these associations, by the way, are symbols known through history in art and literature. Okay, the grapefruit was a guess, but the rest are actually pretty well known. I suspect they're very much interwoven with the collective unconscious. And, I've probably done a little too much art history (particularly Caravaggio, who painted the most astoundingly erotic still life of fruits you have ever seen in your life!).

niki123
6th August 2010, 02:29 AM
Lol,CF,Beekeeper and CaterpillarWoman !! :D Sounds good to me,lol!Thank you ! :mrgreen:

eyeoneblack
7th August 2010, 10:10 AM

I think this has something to do with the dream experiment. We'll see. Earthy and the green/orange of the tomato have been circulating in my psyche lately.